APPLY TO THE ONE OF A KIND SHOW
NEW! Online Application now open for our 2014 events
2014 One of a Kind Spring Show & Sale
March 26 to 30, 2014
Spring 2014 Application, Second Round of Jury Deadline: November 1, 2013
2014 One of a Kind Christmas Show & Sale
November 27 to December 7, 2014
Got questions? Need more info?
Past exhibitors looking to be a part of the Show?
Get in touch
Exhibitor Relations & Recruitment
Telephone: 416 960 5399
Manager-Bilingual Exhibitor Relations & Recruitment
Telephone: 416 960 4514
Quick Links about the One of a Kind Show & Sale
Click on the links below for more info on:
- The show has been in progress since 1975 and is currently in its 39th year
- It is the largest consumer craft show in North America
- Over 5 million people have shopped at the show since its inception
- Everything sold at the show is made by hand in North America by
Canadian and/or American artisans
- The attendance for the Christmas show is 140,000 qualified shoppers
and for the Spring show is 60,000
- Annual cumulative spending between the two Toronto shows is $22,000,000
which does not include any orders placed after the show or future work
commissioned at the show
- It is a juried show and each application is reviewed by a selection committee
- There are 800 exhibitors at the Christmas show, 500 exhibitors at the Spring Show
- 82% are women between the ages 25—54
- 26% come from outside the GTA from communities primarily in and around
the Golden Horseshoe area
- 42% have a combined household income of just under $100,000 per year,
while 30% have an average of $150,000 per year
- 95% of our visitors made at least one purchase at our Show
- The average amount spent is $150 per visitor
**DATA from 2012 TO 2013 Post Show Survey
Need some help putting together your application? Click here to read our FAQ!
Don't forget to check back for more tips & suggestions.
The One of a Kind Show has created special sections for fashion, food, green creations, visual art, new artisans and emerging talents. Read on to find out more about these sections and neighbourhoods!
ONE OF A KIND CRAFT COMMUNITY OF CANADA (Spring only)
For over 35 years, the One of a Kind Show has been helping artists and artisans from across the country to make a living out of their passion. We are not alone in our endeavors – this section celebrates the organizations of the Canadian art and craft community, who work together to foster talents, grant opportunities, and increase exposure of the uniquely talented artists and artisans working today. Deadlinet o apply: October 10, 2013.
To apply for the Craft Community section, each artist must submit a standard application
to the Spring show, along with the following items:
- The name, title, phone number and email address of your reference at the institution who we can contact during the jurying process
- A copy of promotional literature from the organization that will be displayed in the booth (if available)
- Click here to get started
Etsy Section (Spring Only)
The 2014 Etsy Section will feature a select group of 40+ talented artisans. Qualified Etsy Sellers will have the opportunity to exhibit at the most attended and most popular show of its kind in North America. Click here for more info. Deadline to apply: October 31, 2013.
The place to be for Canada’s trendsetting designers! The Fashion District stages prêt-a-porter style fashion shows each day, allowing customers to make a purchase immediately following a runway presentation. This section is only open to the clothing category.
If your kitchen is your studio, then the Flavours section is for you. In this popular neighbourhood, customers find all of their favourite edibles such as baked goods, preserves, jams, dressings, marinades and sweets.
Sustainability is a rapidly growing trend among consumers and designers, and this section is becoming more and more popular each year. Your creations are biodegradable, recycled, organic, sustainable and definitely innovative.
This section is for first time exhibitors who have less than 5 years professional experience as a full time artisan. Space in this open concept area is sold by the square foot, making your booth fee and your stock more manageable. We supply your carpet and you provide a fantastic free-standing display in-the-round with lighting to showcase your creations.
VISUAL ART GALLERY (Christmas only)
The only thing you will find here is fantastic fine art in this originals-only section. Acrylics, oils, watercolours, hand-pulled prints and sculpture attract collectors and gallery owners, and wider aisles allow for the ultimate viewing space. If you are a visual artist, this is the place to show your work.
5-DAY / 6-DAY EXHIBITORS (Christmas only)
At the Christmas show, we offer the opportunity where artisans can participate for the first 5 days or the last 6 days of the show. This option is ideal for exhibitors who cannot commit to the 11-day show period due to productivity limitations and/or travel expenses, or those who wish to try exhibiting at the Show for the first time.
REGIONAL & GROUP SECTION (Spring Only)
Are you an artist, artisan, designer or craftsperson who belong to and/or represent a craft council, a community or a regional group? Do you want to collectively exhibit at the One of a Kind Spring Show in a special section? If yes, get in touch!
Past Participants Include:
- Eastern Ontario Marketplace
- Ontario Crafts Council’s Eastern Gallery
- Muskoka Marketplace